Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today's Picture was a challenge in itself.

Jan 31st.

It's hard to believe it's been a whole month of picture taking already. I decided I would end the month with a picture of myself. Now let me tell you it is not easy taking a picture of oneself in the snow. First I put the tripod up and then added the camera. Oh dear, back to the house to read the manual on setting the timer. Well by the time I got back out several men from the garage were standing around trying to figure out what I was up to. Yes, entertainment does come cheap around here, lol. Anyhow, after setting everything, I positioned my self where I was sure the camera would catch my best side. There I am in position with a frozen smile on my face when all of a sudden the camera flops right over. "Yikes" I yell, and to the glee of my audience I flew over to make sure my precious Nikon was OK. So I cleaned it off, shoved the tripod deeper into the snow, threw my audience an annoyed look and tried again. Well to make a long story short (yes, I know it's already long) various shots of my legs, top of head, half head etc ensued. Not to mention one more camera nose dive. After 72 pictures I finally got one I could use. My audience had become bored and left long before that. So here I am standing in the snow and by this time I just thought the whole process was so funny so the smile is actually genuine.

6 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

It sure was worth it all, You look great!

Denise said...

All of that for a picture! The end result was well worth it! Great shot!

Debbie L said...

Love your story about getting your picture of yourself...what us scrappers will do! Glad your camera is ok!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl.I love your story about what a time you had trying to get the pic.It was well worth it.It's a great pic.Love Jean[Dreamscrapper]

jandokan said...

What a FANTASTIC story behind a super lovely picture :D
We (Jan and I) have had a good laugh...
by the way... I think you look great on that picture :)

Hugs Anja
Be smart, make art.

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love this pic of you sistah!!!!!!!
Great story just to get a pic though. LMBO

Bevb